IWP Questionnaire (Weight Insight Score)
This questionnaire is designed to measure your opportunities for improvement in six key domains that affect body weight: your food environment, appetite, food reward (food seductiveness), sleep, physical activity, and psychological stress. We developed it for people who are interested in losing fat or avoiding fat gain. Please answer the questions below to the best of your ability. Results are free and you will not have to provide your email address or sign up for anything to receive them.
Fill out the questionnaire to see your results.
Understanding Your Results
Your score is ranked from zero (most room for improvement) to five (least room for improvement). It is also color coded as follows:
- Red indicates that this is an area of opportunity for you to improve. You may benefit greatly by sharpening your skills here.
- Yellow means that you are already doing some things well in this area but there is still room to improve.
- Green means you are already doing well in this area. You may still benefit somewhat from sharpening your skills here.
Your score reflects your behaviors across six key domains that impact body weight:
- Food environment. Reflects how you manage, and react to, food cues in your surroundings.
- Appetite. Reflects how much hunger drives excess food intake in your daily life.
- Food reward. Reflects how much cravings and food seductiveness drive excess food intake in your daily life.
- Sleep. Reflects your behaviors that support restorative sleep.
- Physical activity. Reflects your physical activity level and sedentary behavior.
- Psychological stress. Reflects your ability to manage psychological stress, and whether it drives excess eating in your daily life.
Using Your Results
Write down the names of the domains that are Yellow or Red for you. These are your greatest opportunities for improvement. Now that you know where you can improve, how are you going to apply it?
The Ideal Weight Program is a course-based weight management system that explains how each of these six domains affects your body weight and teaches practical strategies for sustainable fat loss and maintenance. Designed by researchers and based on the best that weight management science has to offer, the Ideal Weight Program creates and maintains key behaviors that support your weight goals through diet guidelines, lifestyle advice, tracking, and feedback. Now is the time to take your first steps toward your ideal weight!
As you progress through the Ideal Weight Program, pay special attention to these domains—they may provide you with the greatest results for your efforts. Despite this, we encourage you to take all the courses and work on your skills in all six domains to some extent. If you think you can benefit by sharpening your skills in an area you already perform well in, don’t hesitate to do so.